Geo caller Id
This article provides an overview of the Geo Caller ID feature offered by MergeCall. You will learn about the functionality of the feature and how to set it up.
How does Geo Caller ID work?
With Mergecall Geo Caller ID feature, you can choose the best number from your portfolio based on the number you’re trying to call or text.
What advantages does Geo Caller ID offer?
- Maximize efficiency by automating your Caller ID to match the local area code where you are communicating with recipients.
- This will strengthen your brand image by displaying local expertise.
- Make sure to preset the number you will be using for different regions so you don’t have to manually change it each time.
- Additionally, this will help you generate more comprehensive reports on response rates.
How does the Geo Caller ID function?
- The Geo Caller ID system performs several checks when selecting a phone number for outbound calling/texting.
- The system checks for area code matching, followed by country matching, and then the Default Geo Caller ID.
- If you have assigned a phone number for the area code, the system will use that number.
- If no number is assigned for the area code, the system will check for a phone number assigned to the country.
- If no phone number is assigned for the country, the system will use the Default Geo Caller ID number.
- The Geo Caller ID system can only use phone numbers that are already in your portfolio and will not force or spoof caller ID information.
How is Geo Caller ID configured?
- Then navigate to the MergeCall interface and locate the Call Tab. The Call Tab is where you can initiate and manage calls, as well as access various call settings and features like Geo Caller Id .
- To enable the Geo Caller ID feature, navigate to the Settings tab in the Navigation bar and locate the option to turn on Geo Caller ID. Once enabled, the system will begin utilizing the rules and checks associated with the Geo Caller ID system to determine the appropriate phone number for outbound calling and texting.
- Remember that the system looks for Area Code Matching first, so we advise you to do the same.
- You can instruct the system to utilise a particular Caller ID whenever a particular area code is dialled by selecting the Add Country, Add Area, and Default Number buttons.
Area Code Matching
You will need to add the area code and the matching phone number to be used for that specific area code. This will allow the Geo Caller ID system to determine the appropriate phone number to use when making outbound calls or texts to that area code.
For instance, if the area code matches “302” – Wilmington, you can arrange the system to utilise the Merge call number. This indicates that the computer will match the specified number with this region.
You must enter each area code before the phone number you wish to use if you want to utilise the merging call number to cover all area codes in a metro area. For instance, there are four area codes in the Houston, Texas, metro area (281, 713, 832, and 346) The Area Code Matching section requires four entries, one for each area code, if you wished to use your user’s Houston phone number beginning with 713 for all of them.
Country Number Matching
You will need to add the country code and the matching phone number to be used for that specific country. This will allow the Geo Caller ID system to determine the appropriate phone number to use when making outbound calls or texts to that country.
In case you need it, you have the option to set up your agent’s phone number with the 203 area code from Connecticut to make calls to UK phone numbers containing the country code ‘+44’. However, it’s more typical to use a phone number from the country you’re dialing to. If you’re content with your Area Code Matching configuration, you may disregard this section.
This is the phone number that will be used if no matching phone number is found for a specific area code or country code. You will need to select a default number from your portfolio of available phone numbers.
If you haven’t set up a Default Geo Caller ID, the system will utilize the user’s Default Caller ID or the number chosen within the dialer, if the Default Caller ID isn’t chosen.
Geo Caller ID Best Practices
This video tutorial will guide you through the fundamental concepts and recommended methods for utilizing Geo Caller ID.
By specifying this information, the Geo Caller ID system will be able to determine the appropriate phone number to use for each outbound call or text, based on the rules and checks that have been configured.